The Holy Spirit Cathedral
The church was built in 1642-1687 in the Vilnius Baroque style and initially belonged to the convent of Bernardines. Nowadays, this is the main cathedral of Belarusian Orthodox Church that attracts crowds on main church holidays. City authorities normally introduce additional transport routes and extend metro opening hours at the times of religious processions and masses. The church possesses the relics of Saint Sofia of Sluck and Minsk Hodegetria icon, which, according to the legend, was painted by St Luke and brought to Kiev by Vladimir the Baptizer. After Tatars devastated the church that hosted the icon, the painting is believed to have flown to Minsk down the river from Kiev.