The Eastern Christianity became popular on Belarusian lands after the baptism of Prince Vladimir of Kiev. Orthodox Church competed with Roman Catholic Church throughout the history and got a privileged position after Belarusian lands became part of Russian Empire in late 18th century. Currently, most of Orthodox Christians in Belarus belong to the Belarusian Exarchate of Russian Orthodox Church - Belarusian Orthodox Church while Belarusian Autocephalous Orthodox Church is mostly emigration-based.
There are 38 Orthodox communities of Belarusian Orthodox Church and 25 churches in Minsk, out of them 6 are situatied in Minsk historical center.
Minsk Administration of Belarusian Exarchate of Russian Orthodox Church - Residence of the Metropolitan of Minsk and Sluck, the Patriarchal Exarch of all Belarus
- Address: 10 Vyzvalennia St. (between Metro stations Frunzienskaja and Niamiha)
- Contact data: +375 17 209-42-99 (secretary); +375 17 203-46-01
- Website: Minsk Administration of Belarusian Exarchate of Russian Orthodox Church
The Holy Spirit Cathedral
- Address: 3 Kiryla i Miefodyja St. (Metro station Niamiha)
Church of St Peter and Paul
- Address: 4 Rakaŭsjaka St. (Metro station Niamiha)
The foundation of the Castle Church
- Address: 2 Pieramožcaŭ Ave (Metro station Niamiha)
The Church of St. Mary Magdalene
- Address: 42 Kisialiova St. Getting there: tram 3, 4, 5, bus 18, 26, 29, 44, 136 to Teatralny stop
St. Alexander Nevsky Church
- Address: 11 Kazlova St. Getting there: tram 3, 6 to Plošča Zmitraka Biaduli stop or walk from Metro station Plošča Pieramohi.