Protestant preachers arrived to the Great Duchy of Lithuania around 1530. Many noblemen of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth were Protestants of different denominations (Lutherans, Calvinists, Arians). Baptist communities were founded in Belarus as early as in 1908 by guest workers returning home from the US.
Currently, the number of Protestants in Minsk is relatively small but they have the biggest number of religious communities: 64 communities representing 9 protestant movements. The biggest Minsk protestant movements are Christians of Evangelical Faith (22 communities) and Evangelical Christians-Baptists (18 communities).
There are other religious pro-Christian communities in Minsk, such as Mormons (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) who have 2 communities in Minsk.
The authorities don't treat Protestants too welcomingly - first of all, due to their organizational and financial links with religious communities in the United States.
New Life Evangelical Church
- Address: 72 Kavaliova St. Getting there: check their webpage http://newlife.by/nashi-kontakty
- Contact data: + 375 29 502-87-18, +375 44 703-16-55
- Website: New Life Evangelical Church
"Light of the New Testament" Baptist Church
- Address: 6 Rajnisa St. Getting there: take bus 2с, 93, trolleybus 41d, 15, 41 to Ekanamičny Universytet (Economic University) stop
- Contact data: + 375 17 285 50 90
- Website: "Light of the New Testament" Baptist Church