Traditional Belarusian souvenirs are made of natural materials: straw, ceramics, flax or wood.
In Minsk arts and crafts galleries, workshops and souvenir shops one can find dolls made of flax and straw or ceramics, towels with traditional embroidery, wooden bisons, carved wood cups, flax napkins and many other souvenirs.
One of the outstanding brands is Sožskaja Skań. Its souvenirs are made with the help of the unique technique of wood-flake marqueterie developed by a Belarusian master. One can buy their decorative plates and other souvenirs with ‘wooden laces’.
The Klondike of traditional souvenirs is Trajeckaje Pradmieście that features two galleries: Slavutaść and Slavutyja Majstry. There you can purchase works of the best arts and crafts masters of Belarus.
Those who prefer modern design should check Padzemka and Y Gallery that sell souvenirs differing as much as possible from the traditional straw, ceramics and linen: toys made of patches, designer accessories, original fridge magnets and T-shirts with funny prints made by Adliga design studio.
A recently opened ethno shop Ragna offers both traditional and modern souvenirs.
Slavutaść Arts and Crafts Gallery
- Address: 21 Bahdanoviča St., 2nd floor (Metro station Niamiha)
- Opening hours: Mon-Fri 10:00 -19:00; Sat 10:00-17:00; Sun 10:00 -17:00
- Contact data: +375 17 334-49-85
- Website: Slavutaść Arts and Crafts Gallery
Slavutyja Majstry Gallery
- Address: 6 Trajeckaja nabiarežnaja (Metro station Niamiha)
- Opening hours: Mon-Fri 10:00 -19:00, Fri-Sun 10:00 -17:00
- Contact data: +375 17 283-28-25, +375 17 334-49-85
- Website: Slavutyja Majstry Gallery
- Address: 43 Niezaliežnasci Ave (Metro station Plošča Pieramohi)
- Opening hours: Mon-Sat 11:00 - 20:00
- Contact data: +375 17 288 20 36
- Website: “Padzemka”
- Address: 37a Niezaliežnasci Ave (Metro station Plošča Pieramohi)
- Opening hours: Mon-Fri з 10:00 -22:00, Sat-Sun 12:00-22:00
- Contact data: +375 17 286 31 68, +375 17 284 53 99
- Website: Y Gallery
- Address: 4 Suchaja St. (Metro station Frunzenskaja)
- Opening hours: Mon-Sat 10:00-20:00, Sun 10:00 -17:00
- Contact data: +375 44 541 47 68
- Website: Ragna Ethno-shop